- U2 Deny Rumors of Album Delay
- Keep Calm & Go Ask Alice Cooper
- Slash Announces Judges For First-Ever ‘Slashathon’
- Lzzy Hale, Lita Ford, Doro Pesch, Maria Brink Featured In ‘Not Just Tits In A Corset’ Book
- Ted Nugent Is Teaching His ‘New Knees to Rock’
- Rock Confidential Girl Scarlet Noir
- Lady Gaga to Deliver SXSW Keynote Address
- Rob Zombie ‘The Zombie Horror Picture Show’ DVD, Blu-Ray Release Date Announced
- Ozzy Osbourne’s Mansion Suffers Over $500,000 in Flood Damage
- U2: No Album or Tour in 2014
- New Tesla Album Title Revealed
- Winger – Rat Race
- KXM – Rescue Me
- Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley Announce Franchisee For Rock & Brews In Kansas And Oklahoma
- Black Sabbath ‘Complete Studio Albums (1970-1978)’ Box Set Due In April
Newsted – Heavy Metal Music
When I last caught up with Jason Newsted this spring he had just issued the Metal EP with his new band Newsted. While Newsted isn’t known for his vocal abilities, he’s a monster bassist, a huge metal fan and foremost a guy whose heart and soul is deeply rooted in metal.
Newsted enlisted Staind guitarist Mike Mushok who had added a new dimension to the Newsted sound. If you weren’t a fan of Jason Newsted’s vocals on the Metal release then it’s unlikely that Heavy Metal Music will change your mind. I’d have to question anyone’s allegiance to the genre if they didn’t absolutely enjoy this album because it’s very much a thrash influenced effort. Heavy Metal Music isn’t a perfect album by any means; the pair of clunkers on this album, “As the Crow Flies” and “Above All,” simply don’t go anywhere and frankly could have been tossed out altogether. But it’s tracks like “Long Time Dead” and “Soldierhead” that make Heavy Metal Music worth owning. Newsted has wrapped up the Gigantour with Megadeth this summer and chances are very good that he’ll continue touring deep into 2014. Pick up Heavy Metal Music, it’s quite good.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.