- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
Newsted – Heavy Metal Music
When I last caught up with Jason Newsted this spring he had just issued the Metal EP with his new band Newsted. While Newsted isn’t known for his vocal abilities, he’s a monster bassist, a huge metal fan and foremost a guy whose heart and soul is deeply rooted in metal.
Newsted enlisted Staind guitarist Mike Mushok who had added a new dimension to the Newsted sound. If you weren’t a fan of Jason Newsted’s vocals on the Metal release then it’s unlikely that Heavy Metal Music will change your mind. I’d have to question anyone’s allegiance to the genre if they didn’t absolutely enjoy this album because it’s very much a thrash influenced effort. Heavy Metal Music isn’t a perfect album by any means; the pair of clunkers on this album, “As the Crow Flies” and “Above All,” simply don’t go anywhere and frankly could have been tossed out altogether. But it’s tracks like “Long Time Dead” and “Soldierhead” that make Heavy Metal Music worth owning. Newsted has wrapped up the Gigantour with Megadeth this summer and chances are very good that he’ll continue touring deep into 2014. Pick up Heavy Metal Music, it’s quite good.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.