- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
Stryper To Be Joined By Todd La Torre, Jeff Scott Soto At Anaheim Concert
Christian hard rockers STRYPER will be joined by several guest musicians during their January 26 concert at the House Of Blues in Anaheim, California. Todd La Torre (QUEENSRŸCHE, CRIMSON GLORY) will sing the IRON MAIDEN classic “The Trooper” and STRYPER‘s “Surrender”. Legendary hard rock vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, TALISMAN, JOURNEY, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) will tackle the QUEEN classic “Tie Your Mother Down” and STRYPER‘s “All For One”. Additional guest appearances will be revealed soon.
STRYPER will release a collection of re-recorded versions of the band’s classic songs in March/April 2013 via Frontiers Records. The CD will contain a total of 16 cuts — two from “The Yellow And Black Attack”, six from “Soldiers Under Command”, six from “To Hell With The Devil”, as well as two new tracks, “Bleeding From Inside Out” and “Blackened”.
Commented STRYPER frontman Michel Sweet: “[The re-recorded songs are] sounding awesome! Better than the originals in many ways!! One word to describe the record? Heavier.”
STRYPER‘s “Live In Indonesia At Java Rockin’ Land” DVD was released in October via MVD Visual. The set was recorded in front of an enthusiastic crowd in 2010.
In a recent interview with Guitar World, Michael Sweet stated about the band’s plans for the next studio album, “We’re going into this new record with the mentality and thinking of making it like a ‘To Hell With The Devil 2′. That’s not to say it will actually sound like that album, but we really want it to be as great as ‘To Hell With The Devil’, which was our biggest album. We want people to put on this record and go; ‘Whoa! Wow! This is as good as or better than ‘To Hell With The Devil’!’ We want the new album to be a powerhouse and we’re going to do whatever it takes to make that happen.”
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.