- U2 Deny Rumors of Album Delay
- Keep Calm & Go Ask Alice Cooper
- Slash Announces Judges For First-Ever ‘Slashathon’
- Lzzy Hale, Lita Ford, Doro Pesch, Maria Brink Featured In ‘Not Just Tits In A Corset’ Book
- Ted Nugent Is Teaching His ‘New Knees to Rock’
- Rock Confidential Girl Scarlet Noir
- Lady Gaga to Deliver SXSW Keynote Address
- Rob Zombie ‘The Zombie Horror Picture Show’ DVD, Blu-Ray Release Date Announced
- Ozzy Osbourne’s Mansion Suffers Over $500,000 in Flood Damage
- U2: No Album or Tour in 2014
- New Tesla Album Title Revealed
- Winger – Rat Race
- KXM – Rescue Me
- Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley Announce Franchisee For Rock & Brews In Kansas And Oklahoma
- Black Sabbath ‘Complete Studio Albums (1970-1978)’ Box Set Due In April
Steven Tyler Says ‘Doing A Solo Record Doesn’t Mean The Band Isn’t Working On A Record’
During a brand new interview with Billboard.com, AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler spoke about his plans to record his long-in-the-making solo album, hopefully for release in 2014 and including possible collaborations with Johnny Depp and Elton John, among others.
“I’m just doing a solo record ’cause I think it’s fuckin’ kinky to go write a song with Johnny Depp,” says Tyler. “I think it’s fuckin’ ridiculous to go write a bunch of songs I started five years ago and never finished. It feeds my passion. I like traveling all over the place and writing songs and seeing what we catch. It’s kind of like driftnetting for songs, right. But, no, the band’s not breaking up. Me doing a solo record doesn’t mean the band isn’t working on a record — but I get that in the press one has to hear that from one lead singer of one AEROSMITH.”
The singer recently told Rolling Stone that he’s “itching” to do a solo project.
“That’s what I’m gonna do next,” Tyler said. “I’ve got some great people that want to get involved in it. It’s early on right now, but that’s the itch I got. I got that itch to do something that’s a lot different than AEROSMITH.”
He added: “My heart is in stuff like that weirder, off-the-cuff stuff that I’m not sure AEROSMITH would like. I’m into electronica — I was when I used to listen to Stockhausen in ’65. So there’s just a lot of stuff — good, weird fucking music that I want to get off my chest.”
Tyler also revealed that he’s talked with EDM master Deadmau5 about collaborating with him on the solo record. He also said he’s a fan of dubstep king Skrillex. “I really want to take a little risk here,” he said.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.