- Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley ‘Threw Away Incredible Potential And Talent’
- Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Democracy’ 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray
- Paul Stanley: Having Original KISS Lineup Perform At Rock Hall Induction In Makeup Was A ‘Nonstarter’
- Dio ‘Live In London: Hammersmith Apollo’ To Be Released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD And Digital
- Meet: Jani Lane’s Long Lost Daughter?
- One Member Of Poison Is Making Touring A Problem, Says Rikki Rockett
- Santana and Rod Stewart Announce Co-Headlining 2014 Tour
- Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn’t ‘The Real Thing’ Without Him
- New Rob Zombie Concert DVD Track Listing Unveiled
- Revolver Golden Gods Awards Lineup Announced
- Soundgarden To Perform Entire ‘Superunknown’ Album At SXSW’s iTunes Festival
- Winger To Release ‘Better Days Comin” In April
- Whitechapel To Release ‘Our Endless War’ In April
- Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Album Details Revealed
- Cry of Love Singer Kelly Holland Dead at 52
Skid Row Signs With Megaforce Records
Veteran rockers SKID ROW have inked a deal with Megaforce Records. The band’s new EP, “United World Rebellion – Chapter One”, will be released in North America on April 16, with an international release date to be announced shortly. Some of the sessions for the CD, which was mastered last month, took place at Open Sky Studio, the Atlanta, Georgia-based facility owned and operated by producer/drummer Mike Froedge (DREADED MARCO, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, DOUBLEDRIVE, SPEED X), and the Bonehead Studio, also in Atlanta.
Commented SKID ROW guitarist Dave “Snake” Sabo: “We’ve known the Megaforce family and their various incarnations since 1982. Their history and legacy speaks for itself. We always thought that at some point we would work together and this turned out to be the perfect time and vehicle for us to finally do it. They have a sincere belief in what we’re doing and what our vision is which is really rare today. Needless to say, this is a very exciting time for us!”
The first new release from SKID ROW since 2006′s “Revolutions Per Minute”, “United World Rebellion – Chapter One” is the first of three plus three EPs that will be made available over the next 12-18 months.
Explained SKID ROW bassist Rachel Bolan: “We wanted to do something different. Living in an age of information overload, it seemed like the perfect time to try something new. We came up with the idea to release three consecutive EPs over the course of the next year or so. This way we have new music out there on a consistent basis. And who better to do that with than Megaforce? They practically invented the EP! ‘United World Rebellion – Chapter One’ ROCKS!”
SKID ROW singer Johnny Solinger recently stated about “United World Rebellion – Chapter One”: “This truly is a special record. Can’t wait for you all to hear it.”
A first look at the “United World Rebellion – Chapter One” cover art is available below.
An audio sample of the song “Kings Of Demolition” can be streamed using the audio player below.
To coincide with the “United World Rebellion – Chapter One” release, SKID ROW will embark on a world tour beginning April 4 in Ipswitch, England. This will carry them through the U.K., along with stops in the Czech Republic, Sweden, Mexico and Korea, just to name a few. In the coming months, this will be followed by a full-on North American tour.
SKID ROW‘s last album “Revolutions Per Minute”, was released on October 24, 2006 via SPV Records.
The band in 2010 parted ways with drummer Dave Gara and replaced him with Atlanta native Rob Hammersmith.
Rob spent many years touring and recording with Atlanta-based rockers ROCKETS TO RUIN and has performed with GUNFIRE 76, the band featuring MURDERDOLLS frontman Wednesday 13.
“Kings Of Demolition” audio sample:
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.