- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
RONNIE JAMES DIO’s Encino Home Named ‘Top L.A. Musician Mansion For Sale’
Ronnie James Dio‘s Encino, California home, which was put on the market last September, has been named LA Weekly‘s “Top L.A. Musician Mansion For Sale.” According to Curbed Los Angeles, the house (see photos below) has five bedrooms and five bathrooms, has over 5,000 square feet of living space, and was built in the style of an English manor. Features include 200-year old wood floors from France, pub bar from the Kings Arms in Chiqwell Essex, England circa 1820 and custom-stained antique windows from the 18th and 19th centuries. Spacious cooks kitchen with all Viking and Meile products. Master bedroom with antique cathedral windows imported from England circa 1790, hand-painted Griffin wall paper as seen in Greystone Manor, two walk-in closets, hardwood floors and master BA. Downstairs level includes a custom-built music studio.
“Top Ten L.A. Musician Mansions For Sale,” according to LA Weekly:
10. Britney Spears
09. Perry Farrell
Price: $1.6 million (sold)
08. Christina Aguilera
Location: Hollywood Hills
Price: $6.25 million
07. Mike Ness of SOCIAL DISTORTION
House #1 – Location: Lemon Heights, North Tustin in Orange County
Asking Price: $1,800,000 (lowered from $2,100,000)
House #2 – Location: Newport Beach
Price: $1.65 million (sold)
05. Kevin Griffin, singer/songwriter/guitarist for BETTER THAN EZRA
Location: Silver Lake
04. Tom DeLonge of BLINK-182
Location: Rancho Santa Fe
Price: $4.995 Million
03. Michael Jackson
Featuring: 7 bedrooms, 7 garage spaces, 12 fireplaces, and 13 bathrooms. 17,171 square foot on a 1.26 acre lot.
02. Kanye West
Location: Hollywood Hills
01. Ronnie James Dio
Dio died of stomach cancer on the morning of May 16, 2010 at the age of 67.
He was renowned throughout the world as one of the greatest and most influential vocalists in heavy metal history.
The singer, who was recording and touring with SABBATH offshoot HEAVEN HELL prior to his illness, was diagnosed with stomach cancer in late 2009r. He underwent chemotherapy and made what is now his final public appearance in April 2010 at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards in Los Angeles.
Photos below of Ronnie James Dio‘s Encino, California home by Marco Franchina.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.