- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
Overkill To Release ‘Live From Oz’ On Copper-Colored Vinyl
To honor and celebrate Record Store Day, Nuclear Blast and legendary U.S. thrash metallers OVERKILL will release a limited-edition 10-inch copper-colored vinyl in gatefold containing four live tracks recorded at The Metro in Sidney, Australia on September 25, 2010.
02. Long Time Dyin’
02. Walk Through Fire
Record Store Day celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.
As previously reported, OVERKILL will release a very special limited tour edition of its latest album, “The Electric Age”, in Europe on April 19 via Nuclear Blast Records. The limited 2CD tour edition will include the regular album as well as a four additional live tracks on a bonus CD, recorded at The Metro in Sidney, Australia on September 25, 2010.
“The Electric Age” tour edition track listing:
CD 1 – “The Electric Age”
01. Come And Get It
02. Electric Rattlesnake
03. Wish You Were Dead
04. Black Daze
05. Save Yourself
06. Drop The Hammer Down
07. 21st Century Man
08. Old Wounds, New Scars
09. All Over But The Shouting
10. Good Night
CD 2 – “Live From Oz” recorded in Sidney, Australia, (The Metro on September 25, 2010):
02. Long Time Dyin’
04. Walk Through Fire
To order a copy, go to this location.
OVERKILL was forced to drop off the “Dark Roots Of Thrash” tour with TESTAMENT last month due to singer Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth‘s bout with pneumonia.
“The Electric Age” sold 6,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 77 on The Billboard 200 chart.
OVERKILL‘s previous CD, “Ironbound”, opened with 4,100 units to enter the chart at No. 192. The effort landed at No. 4 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
“The Electric Age” was recorded and mixed at Gear Recording Studios in New Jersey, owned and operated by OVERKILL bassist D.D. Verni.
OVERKILL is Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth (vocals), D.D. Verni (bass, backing vocals), Derek “The Skull” Tailer (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Dave Linsk (lead guitar, backing vocals) and Ron Lipnicki (drums).
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.