- Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley ‘Threw Away Incredible Potential And Talent’
- Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Democracy’ 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray
- Paul Stanley: Having Original KISS Lineup Perform At Rock Hall Induction In Makeup Was A ‘Nonstarter’
- Dio ‘Live In London: Hammersmith Apollo’ To Be Released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD And Digital
- Meet: Jani Lane’s Long Lost Daughter?
- One Member Of Poison Is Making Touring A Problem, Says Rikki Rockett
- Santana and Rod Stewart Announce Co-Headlining 2014 Tour
- Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn’t ‘The Real Thing’ Without Him
- New Rob Zombie Concert DVD Track Listing Unveiled
- Revolver Golden Gods Awards Lineup Announced
- Soundgarden To Perform Entire ‘Superunknown’ Album At SXSW’s iTunes Festival
- Winger To Release ‘Better Days Comin” In April
- Whitechapel To Release ‘Our Endless War’ In April
- Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Album Details Revealed
- Cry of Love Singer Kelly Holland Dead at 52
Nikki Sixx Gets Signature Bass From Schecter Guitar Research
Schecter Guitar Research has announced a partnership with MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX: A.M. bassist, New York Times bestselling author and radio host Nikki Sixx, adding even more fire power to its roster. Not only has Schecter landed a talented and noted songwriter and player, but also one of the leading voices and minds in fashion, non-fiction, photography and media via his clothing lines, New York Times Top 10-selling books and his successful internationally syndicated radio shows “Sixx Sense With Nikki Sixx” and “The Side Show Countdown With Nikki Sixx”.
However, it is his musical pedigree, history and current musical projects that helped the collaboration with Schecter come to fruition. “It was an exciting and creative process to work with Schecter on the new Schecter Sixx Signature Series Bass,” states Sixx, “It was important to all of us to design a bass that would feel right as well as sound amazing in the hands of all players, not just me. Every detail about the new Schecter Sixx comes from all of our collective experiences — whether it’s my 30 years of playing live and recording or Schecter‘s unprecedented standards for making quality instruments for players of all genres. Simply said, this bass rocks!” Schecter‘s Executive Vice President, Marc LaCorte adds, “I really felt as if we instantly gelled and were looking to accomplish the same goal with this project. Above all, it was so refreshing to see an artist of Nikki‘s stature be so involved and genuinely concerned about every detail in the creation of this instrument.”
Nikki Sixx has been known for years as a player stylized by his brashness and Schecter has taken it upon themselves to create this Nikki Sixx signature mode, aptly named the Schecter Sixx. Nikki Sixx will be introducing the Schecter Sixx with an exclusive signing at the winter NAMM conference in Anaheim, CA on January 26 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST at the Schecter booth (Room 210-D). It can be maintained that The Schecter Sixx will reflect Nikki‘s style, both visually and sonically, while being able to withstand the punishing rigors of the road from opening night to the end of tour closing set. The Schecter Sixx bass will surely make a rumble through the industry and then resonate with players, retailers and consumers alike.
The Schecter Sixx: Nikki Sixx Signature Bass specs:
Construction: Neck-Thru with Ultra Access
Neck: 5-ply Maple/Walnut
Nut: Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL 42mm
Frets: 24 X-Jumbo
Pickups: EMG P/J
Electronics: Vol/Vol/Tone/”Kill” Switch
Bridge: Schecter Custom String Thru Body (or Top-Load)
Hardware: Black Chrome
Colors: Satin Black (SBK) or Vintage Sunburst (VSB)
Left-Hand Availability: Satin Black (SBK)
For more details, visit SchecterGuitars.com.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.