- Ace Frehley Says Paul Stanley And Gene Simmons Are ‘Cranky’ Because Fans Want Him Back In KISS
- Nikki Sixx Buys New House In Westlake Village, Lists Calabasas Home For Sale
- Black Stone Cherry’s Ben Wells Robbed Of Eight Guitars
- Kirk Hammett To Guest On New Exodus Album ‘Blood In, Blood Out’
- Rob Zombie’s ‘Great American Nightmare’ Announces Chicago Engagement
- Courtney Love Rules Out Hole Reunion
- KISS To Perform On ‘Fashion Rocks’ Television Special
- Ace Frehley Says He Has ‘A Couple Of Chapters Written’ For His Next Book
- Ted Nugent Criticizes Jimi Hendrix and Keith Moon for Lacking ‘Discipline’
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed With Parkinson’s Disease
- Sarah Palin Blames Sammy Hagar for Her Speeding Ticket
- Smashing Pumpkins Complete Recording New Album
- Scott Weiland: ‘I Wanna Make A Rock And Roll Record Again’
- Joe Perry’s Mystery Recording Session With Paul McCartney
- GWAR B-Q Adds Special Guests To Annual Event
New Prong Song Available For Streaming
PRONG will release its new album, “Carved Into Stone”, on April 24 in North America via Long Branch Records/SPV. The CD was recorded with producer Steve Evetts, who has previously worked with THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, SYMPHONY X, SEPULTURA and HATEBREED, among others. The cover artwork was created by Vance Kelly (DOWN, THE SWORD) and can be seen below.
According to a press release, “Carved Into Stone” “is quintessentially PRONG. It stretches into the band’s earliest and dirtiest foundations on which the band was founded on New York’s Lower East Side to the present as a staple of today’s post-metal and rock scenes.”
Comments PRONG mainman Tommy Victor: “It was hardest I’ve ever worked in the studio on any record I’ve ever been involved with.”
PRONG — whose lineup is rounded out by bassist Tony Campos and drummer Alexei Rodriguez — has taken a major step forward in their constantly evolving brand of sonic schematics.
“I always believed there were many dimensions to PRONG,” says Tommy. “Every record we’ve been associated with different scenes — hardcore, metal, industrial — even dance! I think this record brings all of that together and sounds very modern at the same time.”
“Carved Into Stone” track listing
01. Eternal Heat
02. Keep On Living In Pain
04. Revenge … Best Served Cold
05. State of Rebellion
06. Put Myself to Sleep
07. List of Grievances
08. Carved Into Stone
10. Path of Least Resistance
The song “Ammunition” is available for streaming below (courtesy of AOL‘s Noisecreep).
Founded in 1986, PRONG is considered to be a pioneer of the American post-hardcore and post-metal scenes whose influence is still being felt today.
PRONG‘s last release was “Power Of The Damn Mixxxer”, the remix counterpart to the band’s 2007 album “Power of The Damager”.
Ammunition audio stream:
Like this story? Sign up for "Rockwire" to get alerts about news on Rock Confidential.