- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
New Prong Song Available For Streaming
PRONG will release its new album, “Carved Into Stone”, on April 24 in North America via Long Branch Records/SPV. The CD was recorded with producer Steve Evetts, who has previously worked with THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, SYMPHONY X, SEPULTURA and HATEBREED, among others. The cover artwork was created by Vance Kelly (DOWN, THE SWORD) and can be seen below.
According to a press release, “Carved Into Stone” “is quintessentially PRONG. It stretches into the band’s earliest and dirtiest foundations on which the band was founded on New York’s Lower East Side to the present as a staple of today’s post-metal and rock scenes.”
Comments PRONG mainman Tommy Victor: “It was hardest I’ve ever worked in the studio on any record I’ve ever been involved with.”
PRONG — whose lineup is rounded out by bassist Tony Campos and drummer Alexei Rodriguez — has taken a major step forward in their constantly evolving brand of sonic schematics.
“I always believed there were many dimensions to PRONG,” says Tommy. “Every record we’ve been associated with different scenes — hardcore, metal, industrial — even dance! I think this record brings all of that together and sounds very modern at the same time.”
“Carved Into Stone” track listing
01. Eternal Heat
02. Keep On Living In Pain
04. Revenge … Best Served Cold
05. State of Rebellion
06. Put Myself to Sleep
07. List of Grievances
08. Carved Into Stone
10. Path of Least Resistance
The song “Ammunition” is available for streaming below (courtesy of AOL‘s Noisecreep).
Founded in 1986, PRONG is considered to be a pioneer of the American post-hardcore and post-metal scenes whose influence is still being felt today.
PRONG‘s last release was “Power Of The Damn Mixxxer”, the remix counterpart to the band’s 2007 album “Power of The Damager”.
Ammunition audio stream:
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.