- 20 Things You Should NOT Be Doing
- Rock Confidential Girl Leighann Word
- Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler Releases New ‘Skin City’ Song
- Flying Colors – Mask Machine
- Two Long Out-of-Print Jimi Hendrix Albums to Be Reissued
- Slipknot, Faith No More, Judas Priest, Soundgarden Confirmed For Australia’s Soundwave
- Gwar To Embark On ‘Eternal Tour’ In The Fall
- Nickelback – Edge Of A Revolution
- Buckcherry – Say Fuck It
- Joe Perry First ‘Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith’ Book-Signing Appearances Announced
- Superjoint Ritual To Reunite For Appearance At Housecore Horror Film Festival
- Bush To Release ‘Man On The Run’ Album In October
- Darius Rucker Says He Is ‘Really Proud’ Of His Cover Version Of Motley Crue’s ‘Time For Change’
- Ace Frehley: Paul Stanley Is ‘Almost Becoming A Parody Of Himself’
- Ted Nugent Says He’s the Reason Damn Yankees Won’t Reunite
MYLES KENNEDY: New Video Interview Posted Online
David “Gus” Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com conducted an interview with Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE, SLASH) at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California as part of the 2011 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 13-16. You can now watch the chat below.
ALTER BRIDGE‘s 2008 concert DVD, “Live From Amsterdam”, was released on Blu-ray disc on January 11. Since the original was the band’s first DVD, it’s fitting that it also becomes the group’s debut in the Blu-ray format. An audio-only CD version is also available. Filmed in 2008 during the band’s world tour behind its “Blackbird” album, the disc features 18 songs performed live in addition to a documentary on the band and photo gallery.
ALTER BRIDGE was formed in 2004 by the three instrumental members of CREED and ex-MAYFIELD FOUR frontman Myles Kennedy. The singer told The Pulse Of Radio he was teaching guitar and considering leaving the music business just before he got the call. “I was teaching guitar one day and there was this, he was like seven years old and he wasn’t paying attention and he was running around the room,” he said. “And I’m like, ‘I can’t do this. I have to get back on the horse and give it another shot, because I’m gonna be miserable if I don’t.’ I’m not just grateful for how things have turned out, I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet to have gotten a second chance, and I never, ever will take that for granted.”
In addition to recording three albums with ALTER BRIDGE, Kennedy is also the lead singer for Slash‘s touring band and was offered a chance to work on a post-LED ZEPPELIN project with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham.align=center
Like this story? Sign up for "Rockwire" to get alerts about news on Rock Confidential.