- Ace Frehley Says Paul Stanley And Gene Simmons Are ‘Cranky’ Because Fans Want Him Back In KISS
- Nikki Sixx Buys New House In Westlake Village, Lists Calabasas Home For Sale
- Black Stone Cherry’s Ben Wells Robbed Of Eight Guitars
- Kirk Hammett To Guest On New Exodus Album ‘Blood In, Blood Out’
- Rob Zombie’s ‘Great American Nightmare’ Announces Chicago Engagement
- Courtney Love Rules Out Hole Reunion
- KISS To Perform On ‘Fashion Rocks’ Television Special
- Ace Frehley Says He Has ‘A Couple Of Chapters Written’ For His Next Book
- Ted Nugent Criticizes Jimi Hendrix and Keith Moon for Lacking ‘Discipline’
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed With Parkinson’s Disease
- Sarah Palin Blames Sammy Hagar for Her Speeding Ticket
- Smashing Pumpkins Complete Recording New Album
- Scott Weiland: ‘I Wanna Make A Rock And Roll Record Again’
- Joe Perry’s Mystery Recording Session With Paul McCartney
- GWAR B-Q Adds Special Guests To Annual Event
MYLES KENNEDY: New Video Interview Posted Online
David “Gus” Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com conducted an interview with Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE, SLASH) at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California as part of the 2011 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 13-16. You can now watch the chat below.
ALTER BRIDGE‘s 2008 concert DVD, “Live From Amsterdam”, was released on Blu-ray disc on January 11. Since the original was the band’s first DVD, it’s fitting that it also becomes the group’s debut in the Blu-ray format. An audio-only CD version is also available. Filmed in 2008 during the band’s world tour behind its “Blackbird” album, the disc features 18 songs performed live in addition to a documentary on the band and photo gallery.
ALTER BRIDGE was formed in 2004 by the three instrumental members of CREED and ex-MAYFIELD FOUR frontman Myles Kennedy. The singer told The Pulse Of Radio he was teaching guitar and considering leaving the music business just before he got the call. “I was teaching guitar one day and there was this, he was like seven years old and he wasn’t paying attention and he was running around the room,” he said. “And I’m like, ‘I can’t do this. I have to get back on the horse and give it another shot, because I’m gonna be miserable if I don’t.’ I’m not just grateful for how things have turned out, I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet to have gotten a second chance, and I never, ever will take that for granted.”
In addition to recording three albums with ALTER BRIDGE, Kennedy is also the lead singer for Slash‘s touring band and was offered a chance to work on a post-LED ZEPPELIN project with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham.align=center
Like this story? Sign up for "Rockwire" to get alerts about news on Rock Confidential.