- Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley ‘Threw Away Incredible Potential And Talent’
- Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Democracy’ 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray
- Paul Stanley: Having Original KISS Lineup Perform At Rock Hall Induction In Makeup Was A ‘Nonstarter’
- Dio ‘Live In London: Hammersmith Apollo’ To Be Released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD And Digital
- Meet: Jani Lane’s Long Lost Daughter?
- One Member Of Poison Is Making Touring A Problem, Says Rikki Rockett
- Santana and Rod Stewart Announce Co-Headlining 2014 Tour
- Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn’t ‘The Real Thing’ Without Him
- New Rob Zombie Concert DVD Track Listing Unveiled
- Revolver Golden Gods Awards Lineup Announced
- Soundgarden To Perform Entire ‘Superunknown’ Album At SXSW’s iTunes Festival
- Winger To Release ‘Better Days Comin” In April
- Whitechapel To Release ‘Our Endless War’ In April
- Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Album Details Revealed
- Cry of Love Singer Kelly Holland Dead at 52
Metallica Pinball Machine Coming To Comic-Con
Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s leading maker of real pinball games and the American Amusement Machine Association (AAMA) Manufacturer Of The Year, announced today their third annual Comic-Con International pinball tournament where players and fans will have the opportunity to play Stern‘s latest METALLICA Pro machine, celebrating one of the world’s foremost heavy metal bands.
San Diego Comic-Con attendees will be able to compete in a pinball tournament for the chance to win a cash prize and pinball backglass by signing up to play at booth #503. The tournament starts July 17 on Preview Night at Comic-Con. Qualifying participants will be selected to return if they advance in the tournament. The finals will be held on Saturday, July 20. Stern is excited to offer game enthusiasts, METALLICA devotees and comic fanatics a chance to experience first hand the highly sought-after METALLICA pinball game.
“Since their launch in May, Stern‘s METALLICA machines quickly developed a massive following,” said Jody Dankberg, director of marketing and licensing for Stern Pinball. “We are thrilled to ‘officially’ debut the Pro version at San Diego Comic-Con where our craftsmanship will be put to the test as players experience the unique features and addictive nature of METALLICA pinball.”
In addition to the annual tournament, Stern Pinball will sponsor a few attention-grabbing giveaways, including a Kirk Hammett guitar, and will also host an exclusive autograph session with famed pop culture artist Dirty Donny Giles on Thursday, July 18 at 2 p.m.
Attendees can find Stern Pinball at the Nuclear Blast America and JSR Merchandising booth #503.
The METALLICA game continues both the Stern Pinball and the Stern family tradition of producing quality pinball machines for young and old. The company traces its lineage to Philadelphia in the 1930s when Sam Stern entered the business of operating pinball games. Sam Stern subsequently became part owner and president of Williams Manufacturing, a pioneer in the pinball industry, and passed his lifelong enthusiasm for the game and the business of pinball to his son Gary Stern, who founded Stern Pinball. Today pinball remains one of America’s favorite pastimes.
The METALLICA pinball machine is available through authorized Stern distributors and dealers.
To learn more about the METALLICA pinball game and Stern Pinball, visit www.sternpinball.com.align=center
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.