- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
Lordi ‘The Riff’ Single Artwork Unveiled
Finnish heavy metal monsters LORDI will release their new album, “To Beast Or Not To Beast”, on March 1 in Europe (excluding Finland) via AFM Records. The CD will be made available in North America on March 19 through The End Records. The album’s first single, “The Riff”, will be issued on February 9. You can see the single cover artwork below.
“To Beast Or Not To Beast” was recorded last fall at WireWorld Studio in Nashville, Tennessee with renowned producer Michael Wagener (METALLICA, OZZY OSBOURNE, SKID ROW, DOKKEN, RAVEN, MEGADETH). The CD marks the recording debut of LORDI‘s new members, keyboardist Hella (replacing Awa) and drummer Mana (replacing Otus).
“The road to this album has truly been paved by hardships,” LORDI leader Mr. Lordi says. “However, the new lineup of the band has given us new and fresh touch and an energetic edge to the recording process, and to the album itself.”
He added: “The album cover painting is actually a part of a larger picture. The original artwork had this vintage-styled lady holding a horned skull, which, however, was not the main point of the art piece. There was something not quite right with the setting, so I made experiments with various versions and framings. Album title was ‘Upgradead’ at that point in time, and the painting was done with that title in mind. But now, with a changed concept of the artwork, the title did not seem to fit anymore. We did not consider it an A-class name either. Our guitarist Amen came up with the final title, which we felt suitable and perfect both for the cover artwork and the album.”
“To Beast Or Not To Beast” track listing:
01. We’re Not Bad For The Kids (We’re Worse)
02. I Luv Ugly
03. The Riff
04. Something Wicked This Way Comes
05. I’m The Best
07. Happy New Fear
08. Schizo Doll
09. Candy For The Cannibal
10. Sincerely With Love
11. SCG6: Otus’ Butcher Clinic
LORDI previously worked with Wagener on 2010′s “Babez For Breakfast”, which sold around 1,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 43 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.