- Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley ‘Threw Away Incredible Potential And Talent’
- Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Democracy’ 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray
- Paul Stanley: Having Original KISS Lineup Perform At Rock Hall Induction In Makeup Was A ‘Nonstarter’
- Dio ‘Live In London: Hammersmith Apollo’ To Be Released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD And Digital
- Meet: Jani Lane’s Long Lost Daughter?
- One Member Of Poison Is Making Touring A Problem, Says Rikki Rockett
- Santana and Rod Stewart Announce Co-Headlining 2014 Tour
- Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn’t ‘The Real Thing’ Without Him
- New Rob Zombie Concert DVD Track Listing Unveiled
- Revolver Golden Gods Awards Lineup Announced
- Soundgarden To Perform Entire ‘Superunknown’ Album At SXSW’s iTunes Festival
- Winger To Release ‘Better Days Comin” In April
- Whitechapel To Release ‘Our Endless War’ In April
- Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Album Details Revealed
- Cry of Love Singer Kelly Holland Dead at 52
LISTEN – Eddie Van Halen Featured On Two Songs From LL Cool J’s New Album
Eddie Van Halen is featured on two songs on hip hop legend LL Cool J‘s upcoming album, “Authentic”, due out on April 30.
The guitarist can be heard on the tracks “We’re The Greatest” and “Not Leaving You Tonight”.
A 90-second audio sample of “We’re The Greatest” can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.
“Authentic” is LL‘s 13th studio album and first in five years.
Among other guests appearing on the CD is RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello, who can be heard on the song “Whaddup”.
Eddie Van Halen famously made a guest appeance on Michael Jackson‘s masterpiece album, “Thriller”. He was a surprise guest on “Beat It”, the LP’s third single. According to CNN, his blazing guitar solo lasted all of 20 seconds and took half an hour to record. He did it for free, as a favor to producer Quincy Jones, while the rest of his VAN HALEN bandmates were out of town.
“I said to myself, ‘Who is going to know that I played on this kid’s record, right? Nobody’s going to find out.’ Wrong!” Eddie recalled in a 2012 interview with CNN. “Big-time wrong. It ended up being Record Of The Year.”
VAN HALEN will close out the annual Rock USA festival, scheduled for July 17 through July 20 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.