- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
Joe Satriani To Perform National Anthem At Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix
As Joe Satriani finishes up his hugely successful two-month European tour, the critical praise is overwhelming. Hitting seventeen countries in all, the tour has played to sold-out venues throughout the continent and the Euro press response has been spectacular.
Satriani has been an unstoppable force on the music scene for over 27 years. Now, the San Francisco guitarist sets his sights on North America for an extensive U.S. tour, and first-ever cross-Canada trek, supporting his latest album, “Unstoppable Momentum”. The tour is set to launch on August 29 in San Diego, California before crisscrossing its way across the U.S., in addition to a trans-Canadian tour where Satriani will be hitting many Canadian cities for the very first time. The North American tour will end with a show on October 26 in Oakland, California. Joining Satriani on the road are veteran bandmate Mike Keneally (Frank Zappa, Steve Vai) on keyboards, along with an entirely new rhythm section, featuring bassist Bryan Beller (DETHKLOK, Dweezil Zappa) and drummer Marco Minnemann (Adrian Belew, Steve Wilson).
It was also recently announced that Satriani will be honored to perform the U.S. national anthem at this year’s Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The multi-platinum guitarist is set to serenade the grid this year as he performs “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix on Sunday, July 21. Satriani will perform from the track just prior to the three-day event’s premier contest, the MotoGP World Championship race.
Satriani is celebrating “Unstoppable Momentum”, his 14th studio album, which was released on May 7. The CD debuted at No. 42 on The Billboard 200 chart, giving Satriani his highest chart position in over 20 years, and first single, “A Door Into Summer”, landed in the Top 10 on the Classic Rock radio chart. The world tour launched on May 18 in Istanbul, Turkey and continues on through July 13 in Krasnodar, Russia.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.