- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
James Christian To Release Third Solo Album
Frontiers Records will release James Christian‘s third solo album entitled “Lay It All on Me” on July 5 in Europe and July 9 in North America.
Best known as HOUSE OF LORDS singer, James Christian built for himself during the years a reputation as a fine songwriter and producer in his own right. His first solo album, “Rude Awakening”, was originally released in 1994 and is, to this day, regarded as a musical delight for any lover of first-class melodic rock.
After the return of HOUSE OF LORDS in the early 00s, Christian released another classy album entitled “Meet The Man” in 2004, which featured the songwriting of several AOR luminaries such as Stan Bush, Judithe Randall (MARK FREE, FM) and his then-HOUSE OF LORDS bandmates Chuck Wright and Lanny Cordola.
Now — another nine years later — Christian steps back with a brand new solo release “Lay It All On Me”, which he recorded and produced in his own studios in Florida during the second part of 2012 and early 2013. This long wait for has been worth every drop of sweat and tears spilled these past years since Christian superb vocals can really offer the listener a rewarding experience.
James Christian says: “I recorded this solo album during one of the toughest periods of my life. I really tried hard not to let it influence every song as it just did not seem like the right thing to do. I was stirred with many emotions about mortality, but I knew I could get through it. Some of the songs touch upon my fears and other songs touched upon hope and faith. I made sure to throw in a few tongue and check songs to lighten the load. I have a few favorites, such as the title track, ‘Lay It All On Me’, which were pretty much the words I used when I found out that I had cancer. But the song itself is not about the Big ‘C,’ but about trial and tribulations in life itself. I also love the two ballads, ‘Believe In Me’ and ‘Let It Shine’. Both have a quality to them that will surely stand the test of time. Different from HOUSE OF LORDS but very much ME. Then there is ‘A Day In The Sun’ a bit more modern sounding… but what message. And my favorite of the rockers is ‘Sacred Heart’, written by James Christian, Jimi Bell and Jeff Kent. I loved working on this album!”
With songwriting contributions from Tommy Denander, Chris Pelcer, Jimi Bell and Jeff Kent, “Lay It All On Me” is a strong personal statement from James Christian: a mature artist, songwriter, producer and performer who meets his fans with another beautifully crafted melodic rock release.
“Lay It All On Me” track listing:
01. Lay It All On Me
02. Sacred Heart
03. Day In The Sun
04. Believe In Me
05. You’re So Bad
06. Don’t Come Near Me
07. Let It Shine
08. She’s All The Rage
09. Sincerely Yours
10. Shot In The Dark
11. Welcome To Your Future
Check out audio samples below.
Musicians featured on “Lay It All on Me”:
* James Christian: Lead Vocals, Background Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar
* Robin Beck: Background Vocals
* Jeff Kent: Keyboards
* BJ Zampa, David Sherman: Drums
* Jorge Salas, Jimi Bell, Shelby Stewart: Guitars
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.