- U2 Deny Rumors of Album Delay
- Keep Calm & Go Ask Alice Cooper
- Slash Announces Judges For First-Ever ‘Slashathon’
- Lzzy Hale, Lita Ford, Doro Pesch, Maria Brink Featured In ‘Not Just Tits In A Corset’ Book
- Ted Nugent Is Teaching His ‘New Knees to Rock’
- Rock Confidential Girl Scarlet Noir
- Lady Gaga to Deliver SXSW Keynote Address
- Rob Zombie ‘The Zombie Horror Picture Show’ DVD, Blu-Ray Release Date Announced
- Ozzy Osbourne’s Mansion Suffers Over $500,000 in Flood Damage
- U2: No Album or Tour in 2014
- New Tesla Album Title Revealed
- Winger – Rat Race
- KXM – Rescue Me
- Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley Announce Franchisee For Rock & Brews In Kansas And Oklahoma
- Black Sabbath ‘Complete Studio Albums (1970-1978)’ Box Set Due In April
Guns N’ Roses, ZZ Top, Rose Tattoo Australian Tour Confirmed
McManus Entertainment has announced the return to Australia of one of the world’s greatest rock bands, GUNS N’ ROSES, in March. Joining GUNS N’ ROSES will be special guests ZZ TOP and Aussie rockers ROSE TATTOO.
Promoter Andrew McManus says: “I can’t wait for these shows next March. Axl Rose is a legend and I can’t wait to see GUNS N’ ROSES play to their legion of Aussie fans again. I’m so proud to be bringing them back to Australia and am looking forward to a great tour with fellow rockers ZZ TOP and ROSE TATTOO.”
Hard rockers GUNS N’ ROSES were last in Australia in 2010. GUNS N’ ROSES are Axl Rose, DJ Ashba (guitar), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (guitar), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Frank Ferrrer (drums).
GUNS N’ ROSES‘ special guests on their Australian tour are the legendary Texan trio ZZ TOP. ZZ TOP‘s image has been as unchanging and memorable as their music. ZZ TOP have been together for more than 40 years and were inducted by Keith Richards into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2004. The band’s iconography — beards, cars, girls and that magic keychain — transcend all bounds of geography and language. They’ve been referenced in countless cartoons and sitcoms and are true rock icons. Billy F Gibbons is one of America’s finest blues guitarists while Dusty Hill on bass and Frank Beard on drums (ironically the only member without a beard) provide the ultimate rhythm section support.
ROSE TATTOO join GUNS N’ ROSES and ZZ TOP on the tour. The lineup features lead vocalist Angry Anderson, Dai Pritchard, Paul DeMarco, Geordie Leach and Randall Waller. ROSE TATTOO is touted as the best bar-room-blues-based rock band in the world and one of the most revered bands of all time. Inducted into the ARIA Hall Of Fame in 2006, their hits include “Bad Boy For Love”, “Rock ‘N’ Roll Outlaw”, “Nice Boys”, “We Can’t Be Beaten” and “Scarred For Life”.
Tickets go on sale through various outlets on Friday, January 25 at 9 a.m.
The dates are as follows:
March 09 – Perth, WA, Australia – Perth Arena
March 12 – Sydney, NSW, Australia – Allphones Arena
March 13 – Newcastle, NSW, Australia – Hunter Stadium
March 17 – Melbourne, VIC, Australia – Sidney Myer Music Bowl
March 20 – Brisbane, QLD, Australia – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.