- GWAR B-Q Adds Special Guests To Annual Event
- Lostprophets Singer Ian Watkins Loses Bid To Reduce Sentence For Child-Abuse Crimes
- Stryper To Release ‘Live At The Whisky’ Concert CD/DVD
- Nikki Sixx Planning To Have First Baby With New Wife
- Ozzy Osbourne To Release ‘Memoirs Of A Madman’ CD, Two-Disc DVD
- Joe Perry Has Six Songs Ready For His Next Solo Album
- ZZ Top’s Dusty Hill To Undergo Surgery – Tour Delayed
- Primus Drummer Tim Alexander Has Successful Open Heart Surgery
- How Lars Ulrich Quit Using Cocaine
- Dave Mustaine Says He Has ‘Over 130′ New Songs That He Has Been Working On
- The Internet Should Have Killed Weird Al
- Scott Weiland Wants ‘Easy Money’ Velvet Revolver Reunion
- Gene Simmons On Reuniting With Ace Frehley and Peter Criss: ‘Not A Chance’
- Former Dio Guitarist Rowan Robertson Joins Bang Tango
- Slash Says He ‘Loathes Looking Back And Fantasizing’ About Classic Guns N’ Roses Lineup
FLYLEAF Singer Will Take Long Break For Baby
FLYLEAF releases a new EP called “Remember To Live” next Tuesday (December 7) and it’s likely to be the band’s last record for a while. Singer Lacey Mosley Sturm is expecting her first child in 2011 and told The Pulse Of Radio she plans to take things slow for a while. “What’s cool about getting pregnant is that I feel like my priorities in my life are gonna change and life is gonna be a little bit more stable, I think, in a way that I can put boundaries around how much work demands of me, you know,” she laughed. “Definitely gonna try to not plan too much until the baby comes, and then we won’t plan to do anything at least until October.”
Sturm and her husband Joshua are expecting the baby, a boy, early next year. The couple were married two years ago.
Sturm told The Pulse Of Radio that the baby will be named Joshua Lewis, after her husband and her favorite writer, “Chronicles Of Narnia” author C.S. Lewis.
“Remember To Live” will feature new recordings of seven rare FLYLEAF tracks that fans have requested over the years, including “Justice Mercy”, “Believe In Dreams” and “Amy Says”.
FLYLEAF will release another song, called “How He Loves”, separately in the same week that the EP comes out.
Lacey also recently collaborated with Australian singer Orianthi on her new song “Courage”.
FLYLEAF has just one date on its schedule for the rest of 2010, at a radio festival in West Palm Beach, Florida on December 4.
Like this story? Sign up for "Rockwire" to get alerts about news on Rock Confidential.