- Billy Idol To Release ‘Kings & Queens Of The Underground’
- Alice Cooper to Release ‘Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken’
- Jason Becker Benefit Concert Scheduled
- Slipknot To Tour America With Korn, King 810
- Butcher Babies’ Heidi Shepherd: ‘We Have Something Coming Out In October’
- Two New Prince Albums Announced By 3rdeyegirl
- Slipknot To Release ‘.5: The Gray Chapter’ In October
- Slash Says Reunion Of Classic Guns N’ Roses Lineup Is Not ‘In The Cards’
- John Lennon’s Killer Mark David Chapman Denied Parole Again
- Steven Tyler To Sing Extreme’s ‘More Than Words’ With Nuno Bettencourt On Kings Of Chaos Tour
- Former Stuck Mojo Frontman’s Bonz To Release ‘Broken Silence’ In February
- 20 Things You Should NOT Be Doing
- Rock Confidential Girl Leighann Word
- Whitesnake Recruits Night Ranger Guitarist Joel Hoekstra
- AC/DC Drummer Phil Rudd: ‘There Will Be Another Tour’
FLYLEAF Singer Will Take Long Break For Baby
FLYLEAF releases a new EP called “Remember To Live” next Tuesday (December 7) and it’s likely to be the band’s last record for a while. Singer Lacey Mosley Sturm is expecting her first child in 2011 and told The Pulse Of Radio she plans to take things slow for a while. “What’s cool about getting pregnant is that I feel like my priorities in my life are gonna change and life is gonna be a little bit more stable, I think, in a way that I can put boundaries around how much work demands of me, you know,” she laughed. “Definitely gonna try to not plan too much until the baby comes, and then we won’t plan to do anything at least until October.”
Sturm and her husband Joshua are expecting the baby, a boy, early next year. The couple were married two years ago.
Sturm told The Pulse Of Radio that the baby will be named Joshua Lewis, after her husband and her favorite writer, “Chronicles Of Narnia” author C.S. Lewis.
“Remember To Live” will feature new recordings of seven rare FLYLEAF tracks that fans have requested over the years, including “Justice Mercy”, “Believe In Dreams” and “Amy Says”.
FLYLEAF will release another song, called “How He Loves”, separately in the same week that the EP comes out.
Lacey also recently collaborated with Australian singer Orianthi on her new song “Courage”.
FLYLEAF has just one date on its schedule for the rest of 2010, at a radio festival in West Palm Beach, Florida on December 4.
Like this story? Sign up for "Rockwire" to get alerts about news on Rock Confidential.