- Ace Frehley Says Paul Stanley And Gene Simmons Are ‘Cranky’ Because Fans Want Him Back In KISS
- Nikki Sixx Buys New House In Westlake Village, Lists Calabasas Home For Sale
- Black Stone Cherry’s Ben Wells Robbed Of Eight Guitars
- Kirk Hammett To Guest On New Exodus Album ‘Blood In, Blood Out’
- Rob Zombie’s ‘Great American Nightmare’ Announces Chicago Engagement
- Courtney Love Rules Out Hole Reunion
- KISS To Perform On ‘Fashion Rocks’ Television Special
- Ace Frehley Says He Has ‘A Couple Of Chapters Written’ For His Next Book
- Ted Nugent Criticizes Jimi Hendrix and Keith Moon for Lacking ‘Discipline’
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed With Parkinson’s Disease
- Sarah Palin Blames Sammy Hagar for Her Speeding Ticket
- Smashing Pumpkins Complete Recording New Album
- Scott Weiland: ‘I Wanna Make A Rock And Roll Record Again’
- Joe Perry’s Mystery Recording Session With Paul McCartney
- GWAR B-Q Adds Special Guests To Annual Event
EMMURE: New Album Title, Release Date Revealed
Queens, New York-based deathcore act EMMURE is preparing to release its fifth full-length album, “Slave To The Game”, after re-signing with Victory Records. Due on April 10, the CD is currently being recorded with producer Joey Sturgis (ASKING ALEXANDRIA, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA), who previously worked with the band on 2011′s “Speaker Of The Dead”.
Commented EMMURE vocalist Frankie Palmeri: “Victory Records is the big reason why EMMURE’s been able to continuously connect to our fans, and our fans are the number one reason why we’re still here today and continue to do what we do.”
“Slave To The Game” will mark the recording debut of EMMURE‘s new drummer, Mark Costillo, who has previously played with BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME and BURY YOUR DEAD.
Commented EMMURE guitarist Jesse Ketive: “Mark Costillo has been a good friend for a few years now.
“Mark approached us as he heard through the grapevine that EMMURE needed a helping hand, so at that point I chatted with him about possibly recording our new CD and playing some shows. After jamming the set a few times, we all decided that Mark was the perfect fit for us and undoubtedly should be our new drummer. He is the utmost professional and his work on the new effort in going to really help us bring everything to another level. Everyone better watch out.”
EMMURE will support “Slave To The Game” with a full North American tour this spring, hitting 31 cities with WE CAME AS ROMANS and more beginning in March. The band was recently added to this year’s Bamboozle lineup for the May 19 date.
Frankie Palmeri – Vocals
Jesse Ketive – Guitar
Mike Mulholland – Guitar
Mark Davis – Bass
Mark Costillo – Drums
EMMURE‘s fourth album, “Speaker Of The Dead”, sold around 10,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 68 on The Billboard 200 chart. The group’s previous CD, 2009′s “Felony”, opened with 7,800 units to land at No. 68.align=center
Photo by: Mathieu Ezan
Like this story? Sign up for "Rockwire" to get alerts about news on Rock Confidential.