- U2 Deny Rumors of Album Delay
- Keep Calm & Go Ask Alice Cooper
- Slash Announces Judges For First-Ever ‘Slashathon’
- Lzzy Hale, Lita Ford, Doro Pesch, Maria Brink Featured In ‘Not Just Tits In A Corset’ Book
- Ted Nugent Is Teaching His ‘New Knees to Rock’
- Rock Confidential Girl Scarlet Noir
- Lady Gaga to Deliver SXSW Keynote Address
- Rob Zombie ‘The Zombie Horror Picture Show’ DVD, Blu-Ray Release Date Announced
- Ozzy Osbourne’s Mansion Suffers Over $500,000 in Flood Damage
- U2: No Album or Tour in 2014
- New Tesla Album Title Revealed
- Winger – Rat Race
- KXM – Rescue Me
- Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley Announce Franchisee For Rock & Brews In Kansas And Oklahoma
- Black Sabbath ‘Complete Studio Albums (1970-1978)’ Box Set Due In April
DEF LEPPARD Guitarist ‘Can’t Confirm’ Rumors Of Summer Tour With HEART And KANSAS
David “Gus” Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com conducted an interview with DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California as part of the 2011 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 13-16. You can now watch the chat below.
DEF LEPPARD is putting together a live album culled from its 2009 tour that will include some new material as well. A May release is expected. In addition, the band is rumored to be planning a two-month North American tour with HEART and KANSAS for the summer.
DOWN ‘N OUTZ — a project fronted by DEF LEPPARD‘s Joe Elliott, backed by THE QUIREBOYS and playing rare tracks connected only by MOTT THE HOOPLE — will support Paul Rodgers (BAD COMPANY, FREE, QUEEN) on his U.K. tour in April.
DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell recently complained that his gig in the band is boring. Campbell, who’s now doing double duty playing with THIN LIZZY, previously enjoyed stints in DIO and WHITESNAKE before replacing the late Steve Clark in 1992. Campbell was quoted by Gibson.com as saying, “I’ve been in DEF LEPPARD for 20 years and, if I’m honest, it’s not a terribly challenging job for me as a guitar player. Phil Collen plays most of the widdly guitar parts and I do what I do.”
During an interview with Guitar International, Collen responded honestly, saying, “It’s all my [material]. Vivian joined a band that I helped create. He’s coming into my house! It’s not all the good parts, it’s the DEF LEPPARD sound that me and Steve [Clark] created. We got together with [producer] Mutt Lange and there was already a sound in place. Also, we play all the hits live, which were written before Viv was in the band.”
When pressed if he had any hard feelings for Campbell‘s critique on how the DEF LEPPARD‘s guitar parts are doled out, Collen said, “No, not at all. It’s just the way it falls. I can’t help that all my [expletive] sounds great!”align=center
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.