- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
- ‘Guitar Gods’ Tour Lineup Announced
- Ace Frehley: ‘My Voice Hasn’t Changed, Unlike Other Members Of KISS’
- Courtney Love and Dave Grohl Make Up After Long Feud
- Ace Frehley On Seeing Paul Stanley And Gene Simmons Again: ‘It Felt Like I Just Saw Those Guys Yesterday’
- Neal Schon Has Kind Words For Steve Perry
- Steel Panther – Gloryhole
- KISS Mostly – But Not Entirely – Play Nice During Rock Hall Induction Speeches
- Night Ranger To Release ‘High Road’ In June
- Edguy – Love Tyger
- KISS and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The Whole Damn Story
- Joan Jett To Perform With Nirvana Members At Rock Hall Ceremony?
‘Def Leppard Day’ Declared In Las Vegas
The mayor of Las Vegas has declared today (Friday, March 22) “Def Leppard Day” to coincide with the launch of the band’s residency, which is scheduled to kick off at the end of March. Produced exclusively by AEG Live, the shows will also see the band perform a selection of their greatest hits, highlighting classic material from throughout their career. Viva Hysteria! will feature an elaborate set design created only for DEF LEPPARD‘s Las Vegas residency.
Known for legendary big-scale arena shows, DEF LEPPARD will bring their world-class production to The Joint offering an up-close-and-personal experience like never before. With the furthest seat only 155 feet from the intimate venue’s stage, Viva Hysteria! is unlike any show the band has ever done or will ever do again.
“We’ve never done anything like this before in our entire career so the opportunity to do something completely different like this, in such an iconic setting, is very exciting and something we just couldn’t say no to! It should make for a great, over-the-top rock show! Bring it on!” exclaimed DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott.
Over the course of its career, DEF LEPPARD has produced a series of classic groundbreaking albums and with the release of “Hysteria”, the band set the sound for a generation of music fans and artists alike. Released in August 1987, the album went on to sell over 20 million copies worldwide, and notably spawned seven hit singles, including “Pour Some Sugar On Me”, “Love Bites”, “Women”, “Rocket” and the album’s classic title track. “Hysteria” was produced by Robert John “Mutt” Lange and following its release the album reached No. 1 on The Billboard 200 chart in the U.S. and also No. 1 on the U.K. album chart. “Hysteria” has earned critical acclaim from a number of sources, including Q magazine, which voted the release as one of the greatest albums of all time, and Rolling Stone, which included the collection on its list of the “500 Greatest Albums of All Time.”
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.