- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
Check Out Dee Snider’s ‘Rock & Roll Roast’ Red-Carpet Interview Footage
A host of rockers and comedians took aim at TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider last night (Thursday, January 25) at the second annual Rock Roll Roast comedy series. The exclusive event took place at The Grove in Anaheim, California was aired live on AXS TV.
Last year’s honoree, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY guitarist Zakk Wylde, returned to the scene of the crime Thursday night, however, as a member of the celebrity dais. He was joined by fellow Rock Roll Roast vets Scott Ian of ANTHRAX, comedian Jim Norton and “That Metal Show” co-host Jim Florentine. The dais was rounded out by rocker Lita Ford, “That Metal Show” co-host Eddie Trunk, comedian Craig Gass and Snider‘s son, comedian and actor Shane Snider. Jose Mangin of SiriusXM and “Headbanger’s Ball” fame was the evening’s DJ. The night also included video roasts by Donald Trump, Alice Cooper, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Sebastian Bach, STEEL PANTHER, Playboy Playmate Brande Roderick, “Gene Simmons” and wrestler and FOZZY frontman Chris Jericho.
Fans were able to follow the action and one-liners live via Guitar World and Revolver‘s Twitter feeds (#DEEROAST) and watch the event live on AXS TV. A portion of the proceeds will benefit MusiCares, a nonprofit organization of The Recording Academy that provides emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery resources to music people in need.
Actor Mark Metcalf (Neidermeyer from “Animal House”) kicked things off by reprising his famous “Whaddya want to do with your life?” speech and introducing Snider, the dais and roastmaster Penn Jilette.
“Good evening, everyone. I’m Penn Jilette, a third-rate magician, here to roast Dee Snider, a fourth-rate musician,” said Jilette as he kicked off his set. “This motley crew — sorry, Dee, I didn’t mean to mention a real rock and roll band — hasn’t seen a television camera or a Weight Watchers meeting since they invented cellphones.”
Video footage from last night’s Rock Roll Roast red carpet — courtesy of Fuse — can be seen below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.