- U2 Deny Rumors of Album Delay
- Keep Calm & Go Ask Alice Cooper
- Slash Announces Judges For First-Ever ‘Slashathon’
- Lzzy Hale, Lita Ford, Doro Pesch, Maria Brink Featured In ‘Not Just Tits In A Corset’ Book
- Ted Nugent Is Teaching His ‘New Knees to Rock’
- Rock Confidential Girl Scarlet Noir
- Lady Gaga to Deliver SXSW Keynote Address
- Rob Zombie ‘The Zombie Horror Picture Show’ DVD, Blu-Ray Release Date Announced
- Ozzy Osbourne’s Mansion Suffers Over $500,000 in Flood Damage
- U2: No Album or Tour in 2014
- New Tesla Album Title Revealed
- Winger – Rat Race
- KXM – Rescue Me
- Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley Announce Franchisee For Rock & Brews In Kansas And Oklahoma
- Black Sabbath ‘Complete Studio Albums (1970-1978)’ Box Set Due In April
Check Out Dee Snider’s ‘Rock & Roll Roast’ Red-Carpet Interview Footage
A host of rockers and comedians took aim at TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider last night (Thursday, January 25) at the second annual Rock Roll Roast comedy series. The exclusive event took place at The Grove in Anaheim, California was aired live on AXS TV.
Last year’s honoree, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY guitarist Zakk Wylde, returned to the scene of the crime Thursday night, however, as a member of the celebrity dais. He was joined by fellow Rock Roll Roast vets Scott Ian of ANTHRAX, comedian Jim Norton and “That Metal Show” co-host Jim Florentine. The dais was rounded out by rocker Lita Ford, “That Metal Show” co-host Eddie Trunk, comedian Craig Gass and Snider‘s son, comedian and actor Shane Snider. Jose Mangin of SiriusXM and “Headbanger’s Ball” fame was the evening’s DJ. The night also included video roasts by Donald Trump, Alice Cooper, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Sebastian Bach, STEEL PANTHER, Playboy Playmate Brande Roderick, “Gene Simmons” and wrestler and FOZZY frontman Chris Jericho.
Fans were able to follow the action and one-liners live via Guitar World and Revolver‘s Twitter feeds (#DEEROAST) and watch the event live on AXS TV. A portion of the proceeds will benefit MusiCares, a nonprofit organization of The Recording Academy that provides emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery resources to music people in need.
Actor Mark Metcalf (Neidermeyer from “Animal House”) kicked things off by reprising his famous “Whaddya want to do with your life?” speech and introducing Snider, the dais and roastmaster Penn Jilette.
“Good evening, everyone. I’m Penn Jilette, a third-rate magician, here to roast Dee Snider, a fourth-rate musician,” said Jilette as he kicked off his set. “This motley crew — sorry, Dee, I didn’t mean to mention a real rock and roll band — hasn’t seen a television camera or a Weight Watchers meeting since they invented cellphones.”
Video footage from last night’s Rock Roll Roast red carpet — courtesy of Fuse — can be seen below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.