- Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley ‘Threw Away Incredible Potential And Talent’
- Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Democracy’ 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray
- Paul Stanley: Having Original KISS Lineup Perform At Rock Hall Induction In Makeup Was A ‘Nonstarter’
- Dio ‘Live In London: Hammersmith Apollo’ To Be Released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD And Digital
- Meet: Jani Lane’s Long Lost Daughter?
- One Member Of Poison Is Making Touring A Problem, Says Rikki Rockett
- Santana and Rod Stewart Announce Co-Headlining 2014 Tour
- Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn’t ‘The Real Thing’ Without Him
- New Rob Zombie Concert DVD Track Listing Unveiled
- Revolver Golden Gods Awards Lineup Announced
- Soundgarden To Perform Entire ‘Superunknown’ Album At SXSW’s iTunes Festival
- Winger To Release ‘Better Days Comin” In April
- Whitechapel To Release ‘Our Endless War’ In April
- Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Album Details Revealed
- Cry of Love Singer Kelly Holland Dead at 52
Bassist Eric Avery Quits Nine Inch Nails
Bassist Eric Avery (ex-JANE’S ADDICTION) has left the new touring lineup of Trent Reznor ‘s NINE INCH NAILS.
In a statement, Avery explains: “It’s with very mixed emotions I tell you all that I’m pulling out of NINE INCH NAILS.
“I know. It’s been a tough call and I don’t know if it’s the right one. But I really want to focus on my musical life here in Los Angeles, on film work in particular. As the tour dates kept growing… I just got overwhelmed.
“I just got home from a year of heavy travel with GARBAGE, [and] the idea of leaving town for another year and a half, and with all the intensity that NAILS demands… Fortunately, my friend Trent understands all this and appreciated my pulling the plug now instead of deep into 2013 and 14.
“Go get ‘em, gentlemen.”
Avery reunited with JANE’S ADDICTION for the band’s third go-round in 2008, only with the bassist on board for the first time since the group originally split in 1992. However, Avery left in late 2009 and Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N’ ROSES) stepped in to play a few gigs and work on the band’s new album.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.