- Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley ‘Threw Away Incredible Potential And Talent’
- Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Democracy’ 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray
- Paul Stanley: Having Original KISS Lineup Perform At Rock Hall Induction In Makeup Was A ‘Nonstarter’
- Dio ‘Live In London: Hammersmith Apollo’ To Be Released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD And Digital
- Meet: Jani Lane’s Long Lost Daughter?
- One Member Of Poison Is Making Touring A Problem, Says Rikki Rockett
- Santana and Rod Stewart Announce Co-Headlining 2014 Tour
- Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn’t ‘The Real Thing’ Without Him
- New Rob Zombie Concert DVD Track Listing Unveiled
- Revolver Golden Gods Awards Lineup Announced
- Soundgarden To Perform Entire ‘Superunknown’ Album At SXSW’s iTunes Festival
- Winger To Release ‘Better Days Comin” In April
- Whitechapel To Release ‘Our Endless War’ In April
- Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Album Details Revealed
- Cry of Love Singer Kelly Holland Dead at 52
Artisan News Reports On Dee Snider’s ‘Rock & Roll Roast’
A host of rockers and comedians took aim at TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider last Thursday night (January 24) at the second annual Rock Roll Roast comedy series. The exclusive event took place at The Grove in Anaheim, California was aired live on AXS TV.
A four-minute video report on the event, courtesy of Artisan News, can be seen below.
Last year’s honoree, BLACK LABEL SOCIETY guitarist Zakk Wylde, returned to the scene of the crime Thursday night, however, as a member of the celebrity dais. He was joined by fellow Rock Roll Roast vets Scott Ian of ANTHRAX, comedian Jim Norton and “That Metal Show” co-host Jim Florentine. The dais was rounded out by rocker Lita Ford, “That Metal Show” co-host Eddie Trunk, comedian Craig Gass and Snider‘s son, comedian and actor Shane Snider. Jose Mangin of SiriusXM and “Headbanger’s Ball” fame was the evening’s DJ. The night also included video roasts by Donald Trump, Alice Cooper, “Weird Al” Yankovic, Sebastian Bach, STEEL PANTHER, Playboy Playmate Brande Roderick, “Gene Simmons” and wrestler and FOZZY frontman Chris Jericho.
Fans were able to follow the action and one-liners live via Guitar World and Revolver‘s Twitter feeds (#DEEROAST) and watch the event live on AXS TV. A portion of the proceeds will benefit MusiCares, a nonprofit organization of The Recording Academy that provides emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery resources to music people in need.
Actor Mark Metcalf (Neidermeyer from “Animal House”) kicked things off by reprising his famous “Whaddya want to do with your life?” speech and introducing Snider, the dais and roastmaster Penn Jilette.
“Good evening, everyone. I’m Penn Jilette, a third-rate magician, here to roast Dee Snider, a fourth-rate musician,” said Jilette as he kicked off his set. “This motley crew — sorry, Dee, I didn’t mean to mention a real rock and roll band — hasn’t seen a television camera or a Weight Watchers meeting since they invented cellphones.”
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.