- U2 Deny Rumors of Album Delay
- Keep Calm & Go Ask Alice Cooper
- Slash Announces Judges For First-Ever ‘Slashathon’
- Lzzy Hale, Lita Ford, Doro Pesch, Maria Brink Featured In ‘Not Just Tits In A Corset’ Book
- Ted Nugent Is Teaching His ‘New Knees to Rock’
- Rock Confidential Girl Scarlet Noir
- Lady Gaga to Deliver SXSW Keynote Address
- Rob Zombie ‘The Zombie Horror Picture Show’ DVD, Blu-Ray Release Date Announced
- Ozzy Osbourne’s Mansion Suffers Over $500,000 in Flood Damage
- U2: No Album or Tour in 2014
- New Tesla Album Title Revealed
- Winger – Rat Race
- KXM – Rescue Me
- Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley Announce Franchisee For Rock & Brews In Kansas And Oklahoma
- Black Sabbath ‘Complete Studio Albums (1970-1978)’ Box Set Due In April
Silvertide Announce Reunion Shows, New Music
In the early part of the 21st century, Silvertide represented the next great American band to starved rock n roll fans; touring across the globe and playing their own brand of dirty rock and blues to anyone who would listen. Their live shows become the stuff of legend, and in subsequent years, the band’s debut album, ‘Show & Tell,’ has become a cult classic the world over. Before deciding to take a break in 2006, they scored such top 20 rock radio hits as “Ain’t Comin’ Home,” “Blue Jeans,” and “Devil’s Daughter.”
As part of their much-anticipated return to the stage, the original Silvertide line-up will be performing two limited engagements at the infamous “Machine Shop” in Flint, Michigan (themachineshop.info).
The first night will see the band performing ‘Show & Tell’ in its entirety, while the second night will feature a mix of old songs, b-sides, rarities, and to the delight of long-time fans, new songs. All tickets are VIP, and include a meet and greet with the band after show. Tickets for both nights go on sale Saturday, July 13th.
Hailing from Philadelphia, Silvertide is comprised of lead singer Walt Lafty, lead guitarist Nick Perri, rhythm guitarist Mark Melchiorre, bassist Brian Weaver, and drummer Kevin Frank. Originally formed in 2001, the band achieved success straight away, with the 2004 release of their aforementioned debut – which has sold close to 400,000 copies worldwide.
And the group proved they could certainly deliver the goods on stage, as they spent the following three years (!) playing the world over, and opening for such renowned acts as Van Halen, Motley Crue, the Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, ZZ Top, and Metallica, among countless others.
The group has also made its presence felt in film and videogames, as a pair of Bob Dylan covers (“Maggie’s Farm” and “It Ain’t Me, Babe”) were featured on the soundtrack to the M. Night Shyamalan film, ‘Lady in the Water,’ while their tune, “Blue Jeans,” was featured on the ‘Rock Band’ videogame. The band is currently working on a new release with producer David Ivory (Halestorm).
Get ready Michigan fans, for what’s sure to be the rock n’ roll event of 2013…THE RETURN OF SILVERTIDE!
Sept 6 – Machine Shop (show 1) – Flint, Michigan
Sept 7 – Machine Shop (show 2) – Flint, Michigan
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT: SilvertideBand.com
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.