- Paul Stanley: Ace Frehley ‘Threw Away Incredible Potential And Talent’
- Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite For Democracy’ 3D Film Coming To Theaters, DVD, Blu-Ray
- Paul Stanley: Having Original KISS Lineup Perform At Rock Hall Induction In Makeup Was A ‘Nonstarter’
- Dio ‘Live In London: Hammersmith Apollo’ To Be Released on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD And Digital
- Meet: Jani Lane’s Long Lost Daughter?
- One Member Of Poison Is Making Touring A Problem, Says Rikki Rockett
- Santana and Rod Stewart Announce Co-Headlining 2014 Tour
- Richie Sambora Says Bon Jovi Isn’t ‘The Real Thing’ Without Him
- New Rob Zombie Concert DVD Track Listing Unveiled
- Revolver Golden Gods Awards Lineup Announced
- Soundgarden To Perform Entire ‘Superunknown’ Album At SXSW’s iTunes Festival
- Winger To Release ‘Better Days Comin” In April
- Whitechapel To Release ‘Our Endless War’ In April
- Prong ‘Ruining Lives’ Album Details Revealed
- Cry of Love Singer Kelly Holland Dead at 52
Rob Zombie And Megadeth Announce Co-Headlining Tour
Metal heavyweights Rob Zombie and Megadeth have just announced a co-headlining tour guaranteed to raise the temperature on the planet. The trek, which marks the first time the two bands have toured together, kicks off Friday, May 11 in Holmdel, New JerseyJ and encompasses high-profile appearances at several rock festivals, including M3 Rock Festival, Rock On The Range and wraps Saturday, May 26 at Rocklahoma. Rob Zombie will headline Rocklahoma, co-headline Rock On The Range (with Incubus), and will close all shows on the Megadeth dates. A complete list of dates is below.
The tour will come on the heels of Megadeth’s critically acclaimed return of the traveling festival Gigantour, created and curated by frontman Dave Mustaine. Rave reviews have poured in for the festival, which also features Motorhead, Volbeat and Lacuna Coil. “The return of Gigantour, a nicely curated package tour of heavy metal bands, is just one more step in a great run underway by Megadeth,” wrote the Boston Globe. “It was a smart and well-paced show, one that illuminated metal’s various angles (1/31/12).”
2011 also marked the release of Megadeth’s 13th album, the appropriately titled Th1rt3en. Released November 1 on Roadrunner Records, the album debuted #11 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and #1 on the Billboard Hard Rock chart. The album also landed on international charts including Top 10 placements in Argentina, Finland, Korea and Japan. Megadeth also received their tenth Grammy nomination for this project, earning a “Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Performance” nomination for their single “Public Enemy #1.” The “Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Performance” category was, eerily, category #13.
This will be Rob Zombie‘s first concert tour since last summer’s “Hell On Earth” co-headline trek with Slayer. Zombie spent last fall and winter shooting his sixth feature film, “The Lords of Salem” which he wrote and directed and is making with the producers of the “Paranormal Activity” franchise. With principal photography completed, the film is currently in post-production.
Never one to play it safe, Zombie — with guitarist John 5, bassist Piggy D and Ginger Fish on drums — will bring his legendary stage show out in full force on these dates. Audiences will get what they expect from a Rob Zombie show — an amped-up, non-stop barrage of sin, sex and Satan guaranteed to rip your face off, a true rock and roll spectacle at its finest.
Check out Rob Zombie and Megadeth in the following cities:
May 11 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
May 12 – Scranton, PA @ Toyota Pavilion
May 16 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
May 18 – Grand Rapids, MI @ The Deltaplex
May 20 – Columbus, OH @ Rock On The Range
May 22 – La Crosse, WI @ La Crosse Center
May 24 – Sioux City, IA @ Tyson Center
May 25 – Wichita, KS @ Hartman Arena
May 26 – Pryor, OK @ Rocklahoma
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.