- Sebastian Bach To Ted Nugent: ‘Being A Racist Is F**king Weak’
- Nikki Sixx Works In Record Store to Promote New Sixx: AM Single
- Queen Waiting For Clearance From Michael Jackson’s Estate On Unreleased Freddie Mercury Duets
- Ted Nugent Says Sebastian Bach Is An ‘Incredibly Gifted’ Singer But A ‘Weak’ Man
- Aerosmith’s Joe Perry Says His Memoir ‘Goes Deeper’ Than A Lot Of Other Autobiographies
- Martin Scorsese Planning To Direct Movie About Ramones
- AC/DC’s New Album Took 10 Days to Record
- Butcher Babies’ Carla Harvey Is Looking Forward To Bringing Back ‘Thrash Element’ To Band’s Music
- Lady Gaga Makes Surprise Appearance at Queen Concert
- Robert Plant Wants to Hear New Music From Jimmy Page
- Ramones Biopic in the Works From Martin Scorsese
- Jeff Beck To Play Select Dates After ZZ Top Pulls Out
- ZZ Top Cancel Tour With Jeff Beck Following Dusty Hill’s Injury
- Bob Dylan Announces Fall 2014 U.S. Tour Dates
- Nickelback To Release ‘No Fixed Address’ In November
Joey Ramone's Record Collection Hops To The Auction Block
Hey, ho, let’s go bid on Joey Ramone’s record collection. The late Ramones frontman’s cache of vinyl is up for auction, NME reports. The trove of 97 records comes from Ramone’s estate and will be accompanied by a letter of authenticity from his brother Mickey.
Bidding starts at $500 via RR Auction. Don’t expect it to end there, though. At roughly five bucks a pop, that’d be a nice price for this collection even without the Ramone factor — and even if you assume the worst of the records’ advertised “very good to fine condition.” Celebrated records by famous names like the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, the Who, Iggy Pop, and others make up the bulk of the set, though a quick glance also reveals power-pop by Pezband and underground rock by Pink Fairies, among other lesser-known titles. The auction opens February 14 and closes February 21.
If you’d rather not risk overpaying for some records you might already own, plenty of other Ramones-related stuff is also on the block. For a starting bid of $300 you can own one of Joey Ramone’s leather jackets, though we don’t know if you can try it on first. Guitars, T-shirts, passports, and glasses are also available. Because nothing is more punk rock than paying hundreds of dollars for memorabilia.
SOURCE: Read more.
Like this story? Sign up for "Rockwire" to get alerts about news on Rock Confidential.