- Friend Says AC/DC’s Malcolm Young ‘Unable to Perform Anymore’
- Mick Jones And Lou Gramm Eyeing New Foreigner Music For 2015
- AC/DC ‘Insiders’ Refute Retirement Rumors
- Steve Vai Launches Vai Academy Song Evolution Camp
- Nirvana Bassist Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Conjured Spirit’ Of Band
- Ace Frehley Criticizes Paul Stanley’s Hall of Fame Induction Speech
- Paul Stanley: ‘If It Ever Comes Down To It, I Am KISS’
- Loudness To Release ‘The Sun Will Rise Again’ Album In June
- AC/DC To Split Up?
- Steely Dan Announce ‘Jamalot Ever After’ 2014 Tour
- Slipknot Rumored To Have Recruited Drummer Jay Weinberg
- Paul Stanley Calls Rock Hall Co-Founder ‘Spineless Weasel’, Says Induction Ceremony Confirmed His ‘Worst Suspicions’
- Nikki Sixx Says Sebastian Bach Should ‘Let Go’ Of ‘Former Skid Row Singer’ Tag Already
- Paul Stanley: ‘KISS Has Never Sounded Better And The Band Has Never Gotten Along Better’
- Allman Brothers Band Not Breaking Up After All?
Def Leppard Kicks Off Las Vegas Residency, Setlist Revealed
DEF LEPPARD kicked off its eleven-show residency last night (Friday, March 22) at The Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel And Casino in Las Vegas. Produced exclusively by AEG Live, the shows are seeing the band play their 1987 album, “Hysteria”, in its entirety as well as a selection of their greatest hits, highlighting classic material from throughout their career. Viva Hysteria! features an elaborate set design created only for DEF LEPPARD‘s Las Vegas residency.
According to Setlist.fm, the setlist for last night’s concert was as follows:
01. Good Morning Freedom
03. Mirror, Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
06. When Love And Hate Collide
07. Let It Go
09. Bringin’ On The Heartbreak
10. Switch 625
Second set – “Hysteria” performed live:
14. Love Bites
15. Pour Some Sugar On Me
16. Armageddon It
17. Gods Of War
18. Don’t Shoot Shotgun
19. Run Riot
22. Love And Affection
23. Rock Of Ages
Known for legendary big-scale arena shows, DEF LEPPARD is bringing its world-class production to The Joint offering an up-close-and-personal experience like never before. With the furthest seat only 155 feet from the intimate venue’s stage, Viva Hysteria! is unlike any show the band has ever done or will ever do again.
“We are actually doing two sets; we are going to open up for ourselves,” DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen recently told Classic Rock Revisited. “We are going to do 45 minutes, take a break and then do ‘Hysteria’. We are learning hundreds of songs and we are going to be doing songs that we’ve not played in years, or that we’ve never done. It is going to be really great. The first set will never be the same; we will change it every night. They will all be DEF LEPPARD songs. We may play songs that we’ve covered of other people. It is going to be very fun for us. We are not sure what we are going to play. We are digging stuff up from the first album and the second album and we are just going to really do a lot of stuff that the fans will love.”
Asked how the residency at the Hard Rock came up, Phil said: “Joe [Elliott, DEF LEPPARD singer] and I have wanted to do this for probably ten, or fifteen, years. CHEAP TRICK used to do this sort of thing in theaters. They would do the entire ‘Dream Police’ album, or something like that, and we thought that was cool. We wanted to do something like that. The Hard Rock people came to us and asked if we wanted to do the residency and if we would play an entire album. We said we wanted to do ‘Hysteria’ in its entirety because we’ve never done that before.”
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.